Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Prayer for Pakistan!


where one can find food and shelter
and be free to dream one's dream.

A land - where men can work and earn and be (....)
And women can hold their heads up
and walk without fear and smile.
A land - where children can laugh and learn and play ...
and the tyranny of the few does not oppress the many
and Justice is swift, simple and sure.

I long for a land
free from the stench of corruption
and the greed of empty parasitic shells pasturing as leaders.

I long for enough to long as I long ...
I long for enough to long as I long ...
To turn my land into such a wonder.

*   *   *   *   *
 by Zahra Shahid Hussain (RIP)
Founding Member & Vice-President, Movement for Justice, Pakistan
(assassinated - May 18, 2013 in Karachi)


No comments:

Post a Comment